Tag Archives: Ship

Krusenstern Tallinn 12th July 2013

Krusenstern_Tallinn_2013Tall Ship Krusenstern arrives at Tallinn Seaplane Harbour on the morning of July 12th at 10am, to take part in Tallinn’s annual maritime festival Merepäevad. This ship, originally built in 1926, is the largest traditional sailing ship still in operation and one of four remaining Flying P-Liners built by German shipping company F. Laeisz, the other three being static museum ships. This ship holds the record for fastest sailing between Hamburg and Chile via Australia. Krusenstern, originally named Padua, was surrendered to the USSR after World War II as a war reparation and subsequently named after Estonian born, Baltic German, Adam Johann Ritter von Krusenstern, an Admiral and explorer in the Russian Imperial Navy who led the first Russian circumnavigation of the globe.